Friday, July 30, 2010

Quick Creamy Pizza or Pasta Sauce

We had pizza a few different ways this week: we had the sourdough pita pizzas I mentioned earlier this week, but we also had some super thin crust pizza.  I had remembered the last time I made NT's Yogurt Dough I had some left over.  I had actually made it for chicken pot pie and once it was rolled out there was enough dough for 4 crusts.  I only needed two for my pot pies, so the other 2 crusts I rolled out onto parchment paper then rolled them up together, sealed in a plastic bag, and froze.

My son was begging for pizza one morning, so I pulled the "pie crust" out of the freezer & let it thaw on the counter for the first half of the day.  By lunch time we were ready to make some super thin crust pizza!  Pre-bake your crust for a few minutes and then add your toppings.  I didn't have any pizza sauce on hand, so that morning I also pulled out a handful of cherry tomatoes I had thrown in the freezer (yup, just threw them in there right in a freezer bag).

We also had a lot of dried oregano from our CSA, which ended up being the main flavor here.  This turned out differently than your usual pasta sauce (not so red or strong on tomato flavor), but since it was so easy & we enjoyed it, I thought I would share it with you.  Spice it to your taste...


Pizza or Pasta Sauce

cup of cherry tomatoes
Roma tomato (sliced)
couple tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
teaspoon of salt
tablespoon of beef broth
2 tablespoons chopped celery
5 garlic cloves (mine were previously cooked in the BBQ)
onion powder
lots of oregano, basil, rosemary
and dash of pepper

Puree in blender until smooth.  You're done!

Enjoy!
Lisa


This post is a part of Pennywise Platter Thursdays and Fightback Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love comments so please share your feedback & let me know what you think!